When in 2010 we introduced the EVO valve, we were convinced from the very beginning that our project was a break with the past: a new concept of filling valve with a brand new internal profile. The results of that work soon became evident in the fillers and monoblocks of BORELLI group that conquered ever more customers and new markets. Till today we have manufactured over 1,200 machines equipped with EVO valves. However we of BORELLI group do not content and our research still continues day after day. The remarkable number of machines produced every year allows us getting the proper feedback for the constant improvement of the product. We are not accustomed to underrating problems: a problem is a problem, even if it occurs only once, and deserves our attention to be solved. In this way, we can guarantee constant updating of the product thanks to the continuous interaction with our customers. Following this guideline the EVO valve could be improved in the years. Today, with eight years’ experience on over 1,200 machines equipped with the EVO valves, we propose the second series, EVO2, rich in new technological contents.
No thread in contact with the liquid.
For as good sanitization of the machine as possible from the technical point of view we succeeded in eliminating any thread in contact with the liquid. There is only a small welding made with TIG technology and perfectly polished. The wide passage surfaces and the extreme accuracy of the finish allow easy sanitization of the valve: difficult to imagine something better.
Adaptable to any filling system.
Gravity, low depression, high vacuum, or light pressure: the EVO2 valve performs its work perfectly adapting itself to all filling systems with perfect levels in the bottle without the aid of external levelling devices.
High standards of performance. The new internal profile, which is the result of a challenging and long work of design, enables attaining a high productivity of the filling valve. With this innovating valve the filling speed can reach throughputs of 1,600 litres/hour(1) with fillers equipped with 10 valves having an external section of 15 mm (standard valve for glass bottles). This performance can be obtained also through the gravity system, slower but more suitable for the bottling of wines and distillates, since it does not expose the liquid to flows of contaminated air and does not cause any dispersion of alcohol and flavours, inevitable side-effect of the depression system.
(1) The tests have been performed with water at ambient temperature and European Bordeaux bottles. The data are only indicative and can vary depending on the liquid used, the bottle and other external factors.
Self-levelling. The air return hole is located under the slider and therefore the valve is completely closed if there is no bottle. Besides the undisputable advantage of preventing any oxidizations of the filling liquid, this device guarantees perfect levels without using external levelling systems.
- 1) New rapid connection of the valve to the tank with bayonet system.Particularly useful in the cases when frequent substitutions of the valves are required to adapt the machine to special bottle formats such as miniature bottles. Besides, this solution facilitates the cleaning, the maintenance, and the sanitization of the valve.
- 2) New valve body with inside-out structure. This solution allows the complete discharge of the liquid during the washing.
- 3) Opening system for sterilization and drying. For pre- and post-bottling washing the valve is equipped with a forced opening system by means of a clip to fit to the rod. This very simple device enables an effective use of the steam during sterilization and is very useful in the stage after the bottling to maintain the valve open for perfect drying.
The system can be extended with the washing kit(2) consisting of auxiliary piping, stainless steel washing balls mounted inside the tank, special containers for the internal and external washing of the valve and liquid collection tray permanently located inside the chassis.
The whole system is designed for possible application of a CIP(3).
(1)Available to order. (2)Not supplied by BORELLI group.
- 4) New profile of the valve body. The new design of the profile enabled us to insert a technopolymer bush between the body of the valve and the slider. With this device we gave an ultimate solution to the problem of possible grips, typical of the sliding of stainless steel on stainless steel. Besides, the particular position of this bush prevents any contact with the filling liquid even in case of breakage of the internal gasket.
- 5) External guide on self-lubricating bush.We also introduced a guide outside the body working on a self-lubricating bush. This device, apparently unnecessary, allowed us maintaining greater mechanical tolerance in the internal guide, the one between the body of the valve and the slider, with the advantage of higher resistance to wear and better mechanics of the whole valve.
- 6) New profile of the point. The refashioned technical drawing maximizes the passage of the liquid while the de-aeration tube enlarged to 8 mm ensures optimal performances even with particularly foaming wines or liquids.
- 7) New gasket on the point of the valve. The new gasket improves the descent of the liquid on the wall of the bottle and consequently the evacuation of the air outwards, so remarkably increasing the performance of the valve. Besides, it has a better profile and more solidity to guarantee long life even under critical working conditions, like with the use of steam or acids for the sterilization or in the case of hot bottling.